Friday, February 12, 2010

How I Helped a friend to Refinance

I just want to share a fine story. I cannot believe that I am capable of helping someone save almost
1000$/month or $12000 per year. My friend complained to me she was paying 11.5% onterest on her home
and there is a clause in the mortagage which states the rate will increase every 6 months.
She was already paying 2000$ for the mortgage. I researched all the refinancing options for her.
She had a bad credit score and her score was ruined becuase of her husband's business.
It was so difficult to refinance and also she found out there were some tax liens on the house.
I came across Neighborhood corporation of America(NACA) through TV.I told my friend about their
program and took her to one of their open house programme in October 2007. Then she met one of the
coordinnators of NACA in January 2008. But nothing happened and there was no other chance of
getting the refinace due to ppor credit score and tax liens. After 2 months i asked my friend to write a letter
to NACA and tell them that she is hoping NACA can find something for her.Again, nothing worked.
All of a sudden, she received a letter from her current lender that her mortgage has been modified
and she has to pay inteest rate of only 5.5%. her monthly payment was reduced to $1000 per month.
This happend when she lost all hopes and we believe it was just the result of letters from NACA.

No comments:

Post a Comment